Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Saturday, March 14

Indomie Night
















It was a success!! I have planned it like 2 weeks ahead before the event last night, Thursday 10:00pm 3/12 at GK Kitchen. The first thing I did was to purchase 3 boxes of Indomie (30 packets a box) in the Asian Market. Then I sent out mass email to 50++ people in my batch, some of them are 1 batch younger, in Malay! The response turned out to be better than I have expected (although there were a lot of grammar mistakes but I did it on purpose because we are Malaysian with broken language!).



The funny thing in the email is that I have included 1 person from China and 1 from Korea. Note that I sent the email in Bahasa Malaysia, how do they figured out the message? Well, I have expected that the one from China will reply and ask me to translate. As for the one in Korea, he has a girl friend who is a Malaysian, so I assume that he got the message as well.



The worse thing that happened on that day was that I was sick. Flu (badly), cough (badly), soar throat and phlem (the next day) attacked me all at once, on that day which I held the event. It made me kind of hard to socialize; it is hard for me to focus on my cooking as well.
There are a few people that I would like to give credits to in making this event a success:



Mary Anne (helped the most before and after the event and I really appreciated it)
Wei Bing (came earliest to helped me out till the closing of the event, I owe you)
Chin Hou (helped before and after the event)
Shu Yuan
Anittah
Dhaya (the pro-egg cooker)
Cheng Khang (volunteered to get drinks)
Amanda Yin (volunteered to get drinks)
Bryan Foo (cooked 2 perfect eggs for me =) )
Voon (brought Milo and water pot, but there was no proper cup to store the Milo.. )



Forgot to mention, the purpose of me organizing this event is to celebrate the starting of Spring break and also I wanted to treat everyone an easy and nice meal. In Iowa, we could not get any Indomie; by doing so, it creates a remembrance of the moments in mamak in Malaysia. That is my main intention.



Anyhow, thanks to the people who made this event a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment