I have been to Boston (Massachusetts), Salem (Massachusetts), New York City (New York) and Manhattan (New York) this winter break. There are a lot of pictures available in facebook, not here. It would be crazy to upload 200 plus pictures in a post. Click the link below if you guys are interested to view =) I will upload some video and give some comments here though. Enjoy.
http://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php#/photos.php?id=507126466
It was the craziest count down ever in my life. It will be my first and last count down in Manhattan, New York in my life. But I will remember that I was once surrounded by 2 million people, shoulder to shoulder! In the video you will notice one thing: Counting down 20 secs, at the end it will display "1 hour to go". Me and my friends waited for 6.30 hours there. Imagine at the last 6 hours, it counted down and displayed "6 hours to go", what a joke. Another thing about this count down, it was FREEZINGLY cold there. New York was at the east side facing the sea, the wind was terrible. Also, we can hardly go to restroom. Most of the people there stood there for 9 hours without going to toilet *salute* (well, some of them did give up for this count down). I stood for 3 hours and I could not stand it already force my way to restroom in the crowd.
This is my first time seeing people protest against war crime. It was quite cold that day yet they volunteered to stand there to protest the act of Israel. Americans are really into community work, unlike Malaysians.
The Lobster!! People say that when we go to Boston, we have to eat Lobster. Well at first we really did not have the intention to try that. Then all of a sudden we are motivated to try lobster. We bumped into "Legal Sea Food". Their service was great. The lobster was nice too. After eating, we kinda take the shell of the lobster back home. It was my suggestion, since my place in Des Moines needs some decoration =P
This is a SHOCKING video clip, taken by myself. Check it out.
Just a thought: I believe that people in the US campaign more because the conventional way will not help alot...instead a social movement will actually help more..even though US is a democratic country, people still need to campaign openly so that they can get others' sympathy to help them with their cause.
ReplyDeleteThats what i learned in political science class^^