Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Monday, January 19

The End of Winter Break

When I post this message, it marks the end of my winter break in Des Moines. Over the break, besides going for a trip to Boston and New York, I have done nothing productive at all. Playing games the whole day makes me feel unproductive. Today I have uninstalled Dota. I was addicted to this game so much until I ignore a lot of things around me like blogging, facebook, friends, study (for upcoming semester). Well, at least I work a lot of hours for the Drake basketball events during the break.
Never mind that, it is not too late for me to catch up with everything important to my life. I need to start reading daily newspaper, the finance and marketing section. Also I need to be more attentive to my classes. Currently, I am taking 18 credit hours (including Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) online class). Also, every Friday I have an internship job in IAA, Iowa Asian Alliance, 9 am to 5 pm until the end of Spring semester. I do hope that everything will go fine here.
I think I am the first Malaysian who take a marketing major in Drake. So I really have no idea on the level of difficulty for the upcoming marketing classes. This semester I am taking:
Global Marketing 170
Marketing Research 113
Statistics for Managers 072
Economic: Money and Banking 105
Operation Management 120
History of Iowa (DMACC online class)
As for the DMACC class, all I need to do is to pass the paper, which is to get a C because the credits can be transferrable without affecting my CGPA (a lot of people do the same). But I have 3 story books to read, and they are not interesting at all. I am not used to reading story books because it is harder to catch the facts compare to reading text books. This would be my first time reading story books to finish my assignments for that particular subject.
As for statistic and economics, these 2 subjects should be not tough to handle. But of course, I could not underestimate them. I learned from my mistake when I take Calculus 1 back in Inti. Just be consistent will do.
Operation Management 120. This is a reading and mathematic subject. It should not be hard if I am able to read all before taking any exams. It should contain more than 50% of maths work in this subject which makes my life easier.
I have no clue at all for the 2 marketing subjects. Marketing research seems hard. Maybe I have to do a lot of research for every assignment? Or maybe it is just another pure reading subject? There is no doubt that both of their text books are THICK! In fact, all subjects' text books are around the same; they are all thick.
There is a new year wish, I hope that all my parents and friends will be healthy and good in whatever they are doing. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Justin, don't write too long la..

    really hard to read...i will read since u keep pressing but dun force ppl to read too long ok^^

    nice blog by the way^^

    ReplyDelete