It is time to set some good resolutions for the year 2012.
This year is the only year where I seriously think and set the targets for the
year as in the past was all mainly focused on education. This year onwards,
other than my professional paper CFA, all of my resolutions will focus on self
development.
First, career is prioritized. I don’t have to elaborate much
on this as I have been an annoying brat talking it in almost all of my previous
posts.
Second, I will work out every week
to ensure a healthy lifestyle. Ideally, I hope to work out once every weekend,
and once every weekday. But it is hard as I am working the night shift. I could
work out in the morning but the sun is too bright for me to do so. Working out under
the sun contradicts with my next resolution. As for now, I really enjoy hiking.
I will set a hiking trip either weekly or biweekly. In order to achieve this, I
need to gather a few hiking peeps or it will be hard to do it alone.
Third, learn to take care of a
good, fair and healthy skin. After all it will boost self-esteem and give better
first impression to new people that I am going to meet. Plus, I want to look
good to my future wife too. I believe looking good and knowing how to take care
of myself will add a bonus to our relationship. You think it sounds ridiculous?
Tell me if you like your spouse face full of pimples and acnes ;)
Fourth, in conjunction with the
second point, I will eat lesser meat and more vegetables. I have been doing
this for awhile but I am writing to enforce it. Same goes for soft drinks.
There are TONS of different soft drinks available for free in my office but
after 5 months working here I have taken less than 5 can of cokes. =) It is a
good start.
Fifth and I believe this is one of
the hardest one. I want to remain life as a single for this year, at least.
Please note that remaining single does not mean that I can’t fall in love with
someone. Remaining single has been really challenging for me knowing that I
seldom stay on single for the past 10 years. It would worth a challenge then.
Reason for remaining single is because I want to have the freest time for
myself. Unless I have met the right one which compliments each other in terms
of productivity and happiness, else it will just be a waste of time everyone’s
time. At the age of 24, no more puppy love for me. So this year is the year for
me to survey around and perform environmental scanning.
Lastly, I want to focus of my time
to build quality time with existing friends than focus my time to expand the
quantity of friends. I used to think that expanding the quantity of friends is
important especially when it will benefit your business network. However, now I
believe the quality of time with existing friends are equally important too.
Without them I will be in deep depression. Expanding my network will happen
naturally as my life goes on but the quality of time will not expand itself
without me putting effort into it.
"survey around and perform environmental scanning"????? You are SUCH a romantic... ha! ha! ha!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Much to learn from you!
ReplyDelete