This comes into my mind when I was taking a “to go” dinner
at a hawker stall today.
How do you choose what you want to consume for lunch/dinner?
Do you choose to consume the diet which you feel you lacked
of? Or do you choose it based on your mood of the day?
In the first question, it basically means that when you have
some meat today, you might want to get some vegetables tomorrow. I think if you
exercise this regularly, you will be mentally strong as you would think that
you have a well balanced diet everyday.
Personally, I choose based on my mood which is the latter
option. I think this is not a good habit because our body often needs various nutrients
from different foods. My case is more serious especially when I am a person who
loves to consume food with little choices (basically, I consume the same small
cycle of food everyday).
This is what I have for lunch everyday before I go to work:
Pan Mee, Wan Tan Mee or Chee Cheong Fun (and fruits at work) for the past few
months! This is what I have for dinner: Mixed Rice and Chicken Rice (rarely).
Even though I made sure my food contains vegetables, fruits,
meat and toufu, but I doubt it is sufficient for a balanced diet. For instance
I might have a great vitamin C from fruits, but I am certain that I am lack of
some other nutrient that is not in my daily consumption. Perhaps occasionally I
need some herbal soup or probably some multi-vitamins pills.
I write this for the purpose of self-awareness. And I hope
it would bring you some self-conscious about your choice of food too. Eating
chicken rice for 2 meals a day and 7 days a week does not ensure you have a
healthy diet; in fact it is the exact opposite!
No comments:
Post a Comment