Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Monday, February 2

Weekly Work Loads

I create this message to express myself for my work schedule this semester as well as to keep myself organized.
Every week, I have History of Iowa's assignment due. This course requires me to read 3 story books. I do not think that I will read all of those, in fact not even one book, to pass this course. It is not because I have low expectations on this course, just that I am too busy to read those books. Instead, I will focus my time on other text books like Global Marketing and Marketing Research. There are 2 parts for this assignment, one part is writing and another is commenting. The assignment comes with a question, and the answer of it is usually the summary and your opinions on early Iowa history. Fortunately, I will be able to see others answers online because we will be scored on commenting their answers. So I will read a few and make a summary as well as opinion (so that the grader will not be suspicious me on my answer) on my own. So this weekly task will not be hard until the finals.
Next, is the heavy work load by Global Marketing subject. I have a demanding professor. He gave us 7 homework assignments, 3 (heavy) case studies, 3 exams and a Map Quiz. Let's talk about Map Quiz. It is on 11th of February. We are expected to memorized the world map before going into the class. He will first put the world map on the board, then with some red dots on it, and we have to write down the names of the countries of the dots. Well, I do not know how hard is that, I have started memorizing it few days back (not everyday though), so I hope that it will not be hard. Next, for all homework assignments and case studies, we are expected not to make any grammar mistakes and sentence errors. For each error, we will be penalized. Earlier this semester, he listed his expectations of level of grammar through emails (there were a lot of them) and his expectations on referencing. Also, each homework assignment requires us to do research, for instance like how to find tariffs and so on. He said, if we did not get an A for Marketing 101, Never expect to get an A in this class. I was like... I wanted to drop this class and add the same subject but taught by other professor. But it seemed that he is the only professor that teaches this subject in Drake. Well, I am not done yet. He requires us to read Wall Street every time we enter class to discuss current events. Not only that, he does not teach the syllabus in class, as I said, he emphasizes on current events more than the syllabus. Good luck to myself for his exams.
As for Marketing Research subject, I am being taught by a professor from England. Meaning he uses British style to educate us (which is what we experience throughout the entire high school life in Malaysia). So I find it easier than American education that requires consistent work. But his lectures are a bit boring, I do see some Americans fall asleep in his class. There are not homework assignments; only 3 exams and a research proposal for the whole semester. That should not be hard if I read the text before going for his exams.
Operation Management, EASY I think? More on maths compare to Organization Management which I took last semester. Every week there will be a homework, it is not that hard.
Statistic 072. I experience some difficulty at first because it requires the knowledge of Statistic 071 which I have taken in INTI like 1.5 years back. I am sure once I catch up with the work I will be able to do well in this semester. =) also, it has weekly assignments x2. Every week 2 assignments due.
Economic: Money and Banking. A lot of seniors said it is quite easy. Because the professor is from India so the way she is teaching us is quite spoon feeding (like British education system does). Weekly assignments but should not be that hard.
So, every week I have 5 assignments (excluding Marketing Research). Also, I have a 2 jobs that both have taken 15 hours away from me. One thing that I am afraid is that once there is a midterm for a subject, I will need to reorganize my schedule, making it a little packed.

1 comment:

  1. darling, ur blog is kinda too long?

    its hard to read le..=p

    put more fun stuff la, so that its more interesting^^

    ReplyDelete