Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Monday, February 9

Delta Sigma Pi Rush

Some of you might have already heard of this term. This is a nationally well known student organization in the states. Its mission is to develop a student professionally, and of course, it is more than that. Together withh the alumni, there are currently 200,000 active members nationwide. It is really not an easy job to be able to join into the organization. If you want to join this organization, you have to search for it; they do not even set up a booth for you to register during activity fair. Note by a lot of people, it is a extremely good society to join. So I would like to give myself a try.
They have a what they called a "rush" week. Whereby we all have to get to know all of their members and make an impression for them to remember us. We have a general meeting on Monday night and I did socialize a lot. I really push myself a little to get to know all of them. Next activity to get to know them is on Wednesday, where we all gathered and watch Drake playing basketball against another University team. On that day, I talked to almost each and everyone of them, including the people who are rushing with me. On the final rush day, which is on Friday. This is really an extreme day for me. I have a job at IAA from 9 am to 5 pm. I asked my boss to release me 20 minutes earlier because I am "rushing" for Delta Sigma Pi sledding activity. So I walked from the company to Valley West Mall which took me about 15 minutes, then caught up with a bus. When approaching my house, I called a cab (which takes 10 minutes to reach my house) to come to my house and pick me up to the place where they are sledding. When I reached my house, around 5.20 pm, the cab has just arrived (somehow I timed it perfectly, serious!). So it took around another 15 minutes for us to arrived at the place and I started playing the activity as well as socializing with them.
After all of the rushes, there was an interview on Sunday. We had to dress professionally of course and they will only be choosing 7 of us to be the new member. Unfortunately, me and Mary Anne were not chosen. I think there are around 2 or 3 Malaysians were chosen, 1 from China and the rest are Americans. Well, it was not something unexpected; I would not expect too much for myself. I will try rushing again probably in the next semester to try another luck since it is an extremely good student organization.

3 comments:

  1. Earlier this semester, I rushed for a sorority, interviewed, got a bid, accepted the bid, and then decided not to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are u kidding me? is this like some kind of club? it sounds so....wow. @.@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanlim, go google fraternity or sorority.

    ReplyDelete