Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Thursday, January 28

Closing at Olmsted Center


The Olmsted Center can be known as the center of Drake University. Whenever student have any questions regarding anything on campus, this is where they would go to. Organizations will also need to drop by to get their event authorized etc etc. Students who want to borrow equipments (like pool, cart etc etc) always need to go through this place with an exchange of their ID. For more than half of my total working hours, this is where I work too. Working here needs a whole lot of knowledge on this building and on the entire Drake University because a lot of students will just bump into the office and ask "can I... OR do you...". I will always need to direct them to their solution professionally.

Every Wednesday night, I will have to lock down the entire building. This is to prevent any theft or students destroying the equipment within the building. Locking the building takes at least 30 minutes if I were to do it fast. There are 3 levels; lower, middle and upper. It can be scary if you are turning off the lights in places like Parents Hall and Bulldog Theater alone in the midnight. For your information, I close the building at 12:30 am.

Thankfully, they pay me good and I get to study too during my shift. Usually the traffic at night is good. I work in the day for 5 hours (3 hours on Tues and 2 on Thurs), the traffic has never been worse. I am always busy during those days. But it is a good learning experience for me too, I am fortunate to be able to get this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment