This piece of envelop means a lot to me.
I got it from my colleague the day after the miserable MASA Election. My employer had already left the company, but he asked my colleague to pass me a small gift. When my colleague presented the gift to me, I thought it was a thank you note for thanking my contribution and hard work to the company.
After colleague had presented me the gift:
Colleague: Spend wisely. =)
Me: Spend? O_o?
As I opened it, it is a gift card from Bankers Trust which contain $500 debit visa! It enlightened me instantly. But of course, for no reason I should not have accepted it.
Me: Oh my god, I could not accept this gift, it is too much.
Colleague: why not?
Me: I... I... okay...
Thus I received it.
The reason he gave me the card I think is because of my hard work and contribution to the company. In this internship, I not only get experience to market some stuff, the main thing that I will be able to get is the professional development training provided by my employer. In addition, I do not have to worry about lunch every Friday when I come into the office. They provide nice Asian food or bring me out to nice Asian restaurant! Although I do not get paid but these non-monetary payments worth more than monetary payment.
I have developed to be much a better person witnessed by my housemates. From this professional development, together with some luck, I managed to get an internship in one of the big four: Ernst & Young Malaysia! This was really not an easy process as I competed with those who are applying internships within Malaysia and out of Malaysia. My lucky part is that I managed to get an interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment