Today marks the death of my family first dog ever, Browny
(breed Chow Chow). I have my deepest regret over his death because I have only
spent little time with him when he is still around. He has been single till his
last breath and he never had any other companions to mingle with. I hope he
will get as many companions he could ever dream off in his latter life.
It was a total shock that when I checked my face book and
saw the post of my brother about our dog. I almost could not accept the fact. I
called my grandma to ask if it just fainted or things like that, you know, like
in denial. Just before I went to work today, it was still in his normal
behavior; not even a single sign that he is going to leave us anytime soon (at
least I didn’t feel anything strange). My grandma said before he collapsed, he
kept walking around the compound of my house. He dropped his body on the floor,
finding himself with no energy to continue walking, but he tried and tried, he
forced himself to stand up again and continue his solitude journey. I guess he
was waiting for something?
When my grandpa reached home from his work, went ahead for Browny.
As it saw my grandpa, it collapsed and passed away. It is like it felt relief
as he saw him, knowing that he will take him to the vet cure his sickness as
usual. That’s the end of his life. I hope he truly felt great as the family
still cares for him, seeing the rescue on his very last breathe.
My only regret is that I did not accompany him much. The
only time I spend with him was right before I head to somewhere (work, hang out
etc) and after I got back home. Everyday when I got home, he will be the first
to welcome me as I work night shift as “security guard” when my family has
already gone to bed. Every time when he sees me, he will definitely welcome
with the shakes of its tail. He never failed doing that. Thinking about these
clearly makes me miss him a lot. (FYI, I have yet to see his dead body as I am
still at work at this time as I was writing this).
Actually his nearing death is expected as he is already very
old. I think he joined our family when I was like 13 or 14? It has been 10 to
11 years of him in my life (wow, I did not even realize it). But I never knew
the impact could make me blog it out. I guess I am not good at farewells.
I will not ever have any dog pets in my life. It will only make
me feel regret at its death as I always will not have time for it.
I hope you have a good after life, Browny.
No comments:
Post a Comment