Today marks the day of my single’s life anniversary. Yes, it
is exactly 366 days I broke off with my ex. Why do I remember this date as if
it sounded like she is still in my mind? Well, I remember this date because it
was a PC fair day and coincidently there was PC fair going on last weekend
(yesterday). My mind has completely lost her. Speaking of her, I hope that she
is doing well with her new boyfriend in the United States. She is a very loving
individual.
Let’s head back to the topic. Do I enjoy the life as single?
Some part of it yes, some no. The yes is of course these 366 days is my freest
life ever. Free from responsibilities for the other half etc. It is not to say
that I am afraid of commitment, it is really because I have never felt so free in
my life as I seldom stay on being single (now don’t you come and tease me by
asking “wow, you have started dating since you were born?). The dark side of
staying single, is of course, for such an extraverted person like me had to do
things without any companion, which is kind of hard sometimes.
But the truth is, I am not sure if it is bad or good, I am already
getting used to it. I have done things which I would not have done if I was
myself a year back. I went to IKEA to shop alone, malls to walk alone, even
weekend lunch I would do it alone. It is
really not because I could not find any companion, it is just that I feel like
doing it alone sometimes. This change of me is really unforeseeable, which I
think it may be good and it may be bad. The good is perhaps I am learning to be
more independent? It sounded funny because I am trying to convince myself that
all these are GOOD stuff.
After all these years I have showed interests in
understanding human behavior. This was my hidden passion where I was not really
aware of. The exposure of MBTI personality provided me insights on this issue
and by far it is the most practical theory that I have never known of. I bought
books from the US and have one of my cool friends to ship to back for me. And
so, this is what I had been doing when I am free. To be honest, I have never be
fond of books; I don’t read and I cant read for a long period of time. Surprisingly, this book
is the first book that I would think that “oh no, it is coming to an end soon!”.
I guess my intuitive feeling part is really strong, i.e. wanting to understand
the depth of human behavior. Now I am learning to judge other people’s MBTI.
Its fulfilling if I am able to judge them accurately because it gives me a
sense of getting closer in understanding all sorts of human behaviors and the
next step would be learning to how to approach them.
I kinda understand what you mean. I'm "guilty" of haven't been single for the past 6 years or so, but right now, even though I'm not exactly single, I'm kinda enjoying the freedom of living life alone. I do everything alone nowadays, and even though it does feel a little lonely sometimes, I actually enjoy being independent and free. I can go wherever I want, do whatever I want, whenever I want, without having to plan it ahead with someone or compromise with others.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you're enjoying your life too.
What's the title of the book you're reading? I might pick it up for a read after I'm done with my exam. :)