What it does:
It is more finance than accounting so its position title may be misleading. My main core function is to determine net asset value through daily market data like Bloomberg, FOREX, Reuters etc.
How I got it:
I started apply for it through jobstreet (or Monster in the US) after about a week of my CFA exam in June 5. Without jobstreet, no one is able to find out about this company. I was then chosen by a pool of more than 600 applicants, narrowed to 50 and picked 15 from it. Yes they are hiring a lot of fund accountants and fund reporting analysts because this back-end office is growing rapidly in Malaysia. It was my first official interview for the position that I wanted (I have always wanted to work in an investment company as a "financial-related position"). I went through 2-staged interview. The day after my final interview, the company has decided offer me the position which I was extremely excited about.
Where I am going to work:
Cyber Jaya, which is very convenient for me to travel around as it is only 20 minutes away from my house! How great is that! Best thing is that I dont need to go through any toll and there is ABSOLUTELY NO TRAFFIC AT ALL! I have been thinking about traffic jams ever since I wanted to look for a job in Malaysia because no one can ever skip the traffic if they choose to drive and work in central of Kuala Lumpur (which most big companies are located in this area). The fear of traffic jam derived from the period when I was interning with Ernst & Young back in 2009. I had to go through a very jammed high way (LDP) both through and flow. Very often, I feel very tired right after work but I will have to face the traffic. There was a time when I felt a sleep in the jam and nearly knock the car in front. What a tragic. I have a history of accident free when driving (except for a time when I was driving my friend's car where I was very careless), so I must not break it! Now, really thankful that I dont need to face it anymore.
I am excited for this position and I cant wait to get into the work-force. I know that the reality may make my job and life ugly but I am more than optimistic to face them. I will turn things around and make things look good. I am determined that it is something that I would like to do and I will climb corporate ladder in this company!
Congrats on your new job! So excited for you! They probably LOVED your resume....ha! Ha! Keep us posted on how things go! I hope you don't have to work long days...ugh!
ReplyDelete