I think it is a huge topic by itself and you could argue from various points. But today I want to focus on perspective of time in a relationship. It is going to a short one.
In the case where the guy falls for the girl, from the guy's perspective, he feels that it has been a long time since they last converse even though they just talked like yesterday. Therefore he will have huge urge to contact her again today because of this unreal "long-waited" kind of feeling. And when they talked, very likely he would feel that it has been awhile since they last conversed.
However, from the girl's perspective in which she does not have much of a positive feelings for the guy, she would feel that they just talked like moments ago. And if the guy contact her again in the next day, it is very likely she would respond "isn't it we just had conversation yesterday?" or "Man he called again and it is going to be hours" kind of thinking.
This situation works in vice versa.
Perspective of time is thus important. Knowing your friends well then you could better manage their expectations. :) human management.
This happens to me and my ex. I was so in love then that all I wanted was to keep interacting with him, when he was probably thinking, "we just talked few hours ago!".
ReplyDeleteI remember a line from a movie I just watched, "If you're falling for him, please make sure he's passionate about you".
At the end I think it's all about how passionate you are towards that person and the relationship. If you are passionate, you can't wait to spend every minute with that person, but if you are not, you'll feel suffocated by the constant interaction.
If I get into a relationship again, I want to make sure that the person is really passionate about me.