The problem is with my father who makes the wrong assumption on some issues. And this problem has always been with my family. No one dares to confront him, including myself.
So, today I made a history of myself. Finally, there is a reason for me to talk to him. I lectured him =). He was being very defensive in the early part but towards the end, he began to listen. I have been thinking for days and weeks and months to try to come out ways of communicating with him, like trying to imagine a scenario of how will he react when I say this or that. Thinking about his problems and focus only on that. And reemphasizing on those points so that he will get it.
Tonight I am finally a man! I felt so good talking to him. I really hope that he does take those points and find a way to remind himself on his mistakes. No one has ever told him about that, including his parents. His change will bring a big change in my family. And I am all out to do that (as I have promised my grandma). This change will make him a better person, husband, father and son.
That was so brave of you Justin. I am glad you tried to open the lines of communication with your dad! Lack of communication is a big reason that relationships fall apart or don't thrive. Hopefully your dad will respect that you loved him enough to work things out/talk things out for the peace of your family! We are proud of you for walking a new path!
ReplyDelete