Thoughts.

These are all my thoughts. I tend to analyze all aspects possible before posting it. As you can see, all the posts are written analytically solely based on my perspective. Anyhow, enjoy reading my blog and I thank you for reading. (Please ignore any grammatical errors and errors in sentence structure)

Friday, May 6

Memories

These days I am feeling really bored at home. In the day, I am doing nothing other than studying (not even applying for jobs!) and I have no interest in watching TV. My study desk faces the window which allows me to look at the clear blue sky and some of the uncut grass. As I look out, I started to think of things and events, particularly things that happened to me while I was studying in the US. I miss my host family a lot, (Amy I know you are reading this), we were always having fun with each other, like for instance playing card game, having dinner, or celebrating Christmas/New Year/Halloween/Saint Patrick’s Day/Valentine/Birthdays and believe me that we had never missed a single event together. These wonderful memories still lies deep within myself and I am afraid as time goes by, these memories will become a dream; a dream that I would always hope to have when I go to bed.

My journey in the US was 2.5 years. But it passed like a split second. Would it turn to a dream later in the future? Where you can’t remember all of the details but just a big picture of those events? This is what makes me regret for not writing down the details of past events in my dead blog.

I used to think that hanging out, travelling and catching a movie in the theater with friends etc. could be my great college memory as I grew up. But I think I am wrong. Yet they were fun at those moments, spending time with my host families creates more fun memories. I learn things while I was hanging out with them. This learning process is different because it comes with love; love from someone who wants you to live a happy life in the US. This love is not selfish because it provides only care without strings attached. A great love that is warm and noticeable enough to feel it.

Unfortunately, I am someone who does not know how to show my love even if I love them. At least it is not in a visible way.

Now, how long more should I wait to see them again? Going back for masters is not going to be an option now because of financial issues. Perhaps waiting for them to come to Malaysia would be my best bet. I will need to ensure that their accommodation here is fully arranged. Plus, they had hosted a few children and they will host more in the coming future and I am sure that their children will be more than willing to have a few shares in their accommodation. I could not imagine how happy are they going to be when the Stouts arrived to KL.

Oops, I did not even formally congratulate my host dad that he has got a new job with Principal Financial Group.

I will just wait for them. I also hope that they won’t come in the next month because I will not be able to support them financially. Haha…

1 comment:

  1. Fully agree with the host family part. Good luck in your job search and exam.

    Phei San

    ReplyDelete