I post this after experienced some stress days. As a student, it is normal to face a number of stressful events in a week.
Management Midterm 2 (Monday) - It is quite a heavy event for me. I tried to finished every page that is required and I made it! More than 100 pages of words. This subject primarily focus on working behavior, so it is related to psychology of working life. I can hardly do well in pure reading subjects.
Information System 101 Case Studies (Tuesday, due 2 pm) - I was like rushing for 1 of the 3 case studies on Monday night and managed to finished it. As for the other 2, it is settled by other group mates. This is how it works, my professor randomly picked a few people (using a computer, so it won't be bias) and have the groups to work on a Wikis which setup by the professor through BlackBoard (a website for each of the students to summit their assignment online, download important documents posted by professors, do exam online (some of the subjects), view results etc)). So in this Wiki, basically each other can edit each others work and professors rate it according to each individual effort. I did a case study, others did other case studies. BUT this does not mean that each case studies has acquired all of the students participation; all of us (around 5 or 6) will have to do all 3 cases (by editing others work, usually grammar). I forced myself to wake up earlier on Tuesday to edit others work and continue research on the company of Wellsfargo.
Mock Interview (Tuesday, 3.30 pm) - (I am writing this on Monday) I did not take it seriously. Because this is an interview organized by Drake University to let us expose to interviews. It is a very beneficial program and all students from business school will definitely need to go through it. Also, the interviewers are from the companies itself, not simply substitute by Drake staff. By knowing this at the last minute, I felt a little stress because I know I can't simply go through it; this is my first and my best opportunity to practice my interviewing skills. BUT, I have to prioritize Finance midterm on Wednesday. Also, there are 3 cases studies for Information System subject due on Tuesday (2:00 p.m.); I have completed none of those. So, I do not have any time to spare to practice it. I assumed I can be very natural also.
The day of the interview, I screwed up. Haha... Wellsfargo staff was my interviewer, and there are two of them. There was no eye contact at all. It is not because I do not want to look into their eyes; it is that they do not want to look into mine because they busy writing down my responses, BOTH of them writing the same thing. The interview process took about 30 minutes (it was really long) and the questions are unexpectedly difficult or different. I have surveyed those basics questions and prepared only for that because I really do not have the time. After the interview, I felt a bit overwhelmed, I wonder why. But I think that it is because I felt happy going through such a hard interview (my perception) and learned something from it. Which is always a good thing.
Finance Midterm 3 (Wednesday) - I was quite relax knowing that I have to face it. It is because I do not want to stress myself after getting Management midterm, IS case studies, mock interview done. But I did try my best to study last minute. This is the exam I care the most out of all things simply because I am a finance major. After finishing the exam, I felt very stress; I know I did not do well, I had got one of the subjective question wrong, STUPID mistake. I felt miserable after that, the whole day. All I can do now is to hope that he will grade me according to the steps, not the ultimate answer. In general, everyone says the test was a disaster.
After the midterm, I went home to take a short nap. Go to work on 5 pm to 7 pm. I was SOO tired. I am happy the fact that my China friend treat me a meal at 7 at Drake's Buffet (Hubbell).
Assignment 6 of Information System 44 (Thursday, due 9 pm) - It is about microsoft access. It took me about 1 hour plus to finish it, not a problem at all. I finished it on Thursday around 3 something. Good thing about this assignment is that, if we know how to do it, we could skip the class on Thursday. Well, there is always text book for guidance, everything is inside. So I skipped the class, I slept till 2 pm on Thursday.
Quiz of Information System 44 (Thursday, due 9 pm) - Super easy, no comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment